Dutch Game Day powered by Control & Dutch Game Awards Code of Conduct
We believe our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We invite all attendees to help us realize a safe and positive event experience for everyone.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert the organizer if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Unacceptable behaviors include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct by any attendees of the Dutch Game Day and the Dutch Game Awards. Sometimes, the venue is shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Harassment includes: offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces; deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Wearing clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment, that is provocative, or otherwise potentially offensive.
- Physical, written, verbal or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by the organisers, in their sole discretion.
- Possession of any item that can be used as a weapon, which may cause danger to others if used in a certain manner.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, gender, or ethnic slurs.
- Possessing any illegal substance, including but not limited to narcotics, or other illegal drugs. The Dutch Games Association does not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances.
- Smoking – other than in designated areas.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the venue.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, organizers, or venue staff.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If an attendee engages in unacceptable behavior, the Dutch Games Association may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund.
What to Do If You Witness or Are Subject to Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify the organiser as soon as possible. All reports will remain completely confidential.
The Dutch Games Association will be available to help attendees contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the event.
Scope: We expect all attendees to abide by this code of conduct at events organised by the Dutch Games Association.
Report all Code of Conduct violations to: Martine Spaans – General Manager at the Dutch Games Association – firstname.lastname@example.org
License and Attribution: The original is available at https://www.gdconf.com/code-of-conduct and is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.